Thursday, June 21, 2018

It's the little things that make all the difference!

 I'd just like to point out that I'm still in Charlevoix -- and apt to remain here for a few more days.

The reason is pictured on the left -- that's supposed to end with a wiper blade.  And, it did until the dratted thing broke off in my hand on Tuesday morning as I was getting ready to take a day on Lake Charlevoix.  Of course, nothing is easy when it comes to a boat, and this is no ordinary fitting.  

Irish has ordered a part that we think will do the trick.  It may arrive today, it could arrive tomorrow -- and then we can only hope that it actually works.

So instead of leaving today, as originally planned, I'm still here.

Actually, that's a good thing.  There are small craft warnings on Lake Michigan -- winds are steady to 20 knots with gusts to 25.  Might be loads of fun if one were a sailboat, but a small trawler would be miserable.  So here I sit.  And, I'm not the only one -- two of my fellow GLCC boaters (on considerably larger power boats) have extended their stays also -- no sense in beating up on yourself just to make a schedule.

The good news is today is Thursday, that means the farmers' market -- fresh little strawberries and asparagus.  Yum.

And, it is a beautiful day.  I took the picture of the entrance to Round Lake yesterday when it was quieter -- but the same blue sky.

No comments: