Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hot, Muggy, Buggy Michigan

The Rendezvous was great fun -- seeing old friends and meeting new.  Ending with a special afternoon and evening at Castle Farms, a restored "Normandy style" farm which hosts special events and weddings here in Charlevoix.  I'll go back for another leisurely self guided tour later this summer!

Now, all the GLCC boats have left Charlevoix, and I'm getting ready to go out for a week also -- you can only stayed tied up for so many days in a row, before the boat starts to grow legs.

Planning on anchoring in Suttons Bay for a couple of nights, then into Elk Rapids for the weekend at the marina there, then who knows where before returning here on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Sophie has her summer cut and is surely feeling cooler -- but we are hunkering down in the air conditioning as a heat wave with associated humidity has descended on the area.  Yesterday in was in the low nineties.  Now, I know that's nothing like other parts of the country are suffering under -- but for a place that frequently requires a light fleece at nights, this isn't fun.

Oh, and the fish flies -- aka May flies -- have been HORRIBLE.  We've had five or six hatches as opposed to the normal one or two -- and they have covered the boats and docks for days.  Today, I finally washed Sonador with the hope that yesterday's hatch was the last for the season.

No comments: