Thanks to Lou and Donna, I had a warm bed to sleep in -- not to mention delicious meals -- through the weekend and into the first couple of days of this week.
Yesterday, Wednesday the 5th of June, I moved onboard -- the last of my stuff is out of the car and on the boat -- and prepared my first meal onboard for the summer. It is too cold to be June -- in the low 40's this morning with a brisk wind coming off the lake. Sophie loves the cooler weather, and to be fair, I have to admit that long walks are easier when it is cool than when hot. But, really, this is taking the "north" to a little extreme.
Seems every year, I complain about the cold. And, I get to complain about the midges again too! These are harmless swarms of bugs that populate every nook and cranny of the exterior of the boat, the docks, and the shore line. They look like mosquitoes, but don't bite or anything -- just drive you to distraction. There is no sense cleaning the boat, not 'til they finish hatching, because as soon as it is clean, the midges return.
No one else is staying over at the marina -- yet -- but folks do come down during the day light hours to work on their spring lists of repairs, fixes, and improvements. I won't call down the wrath of Neptune by boasting about Sonador.
Tuesday, one of the mechanics from Irish Boat joined me for an hour's sea trial -- running the engines at all range of speeds, and checking on all the electronics. Except that I must switch out my C-Map chip so that I have inland and full Lake Michigan coverage, everything seemed to work like a charm. I even docked with a port side tie -- not my favorite move, but the only solution if I am to be bow in.
Pictures over the next couple of days, promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment