I do have pictures to post -- just having connection problems.
Meanwhile, the "adventures" continue.
Yesterday I begged a ride from Kathy and Dave back to Ferry Landing to "pick up" my dinghy -- that is to have me start the motor and bring it around to the city marina to pair it up with the mother ship. So, loaded with oars, gasoline, my life jacket, and a portable VHF radio, we drove over -- BUT, we forgot to bring the inflation bellows. Oh, well, a little softness in the side chambers and no pressure in the floor -- let alone about an inch plus water in the bottom -- never hurt anyone. So, after several tries, the motor started and I was off. Wish I had a picture -- the dinghy was so soft that I could only sit on the seat, the bow bent upwards and the motor was dangerously close to the water line. Glad the US Coast Guard wasn't looking out their windows as I tooled by -- might have been hauled in for insanity. However, an hour or less and I was tied up to the stern of Sonador -- and pumping up the inflatable chambers (still holding this morning) and pumping out the water (no additional in the dinghy now). All is well that ends well, but this really wasn't the smartest of stunts.
More friends are down at the City Marina, so a bunch of us (Kathy and Dave (Katherine Ann) and Oat and Rosemarie (Almost Heaven) went to the local eatery last evening to have fish and chips and to catch up on winter doings.
I'll work on the pictures later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment