After some discussion with friends here at Duncan Bay, have decided to leave tomorrow rather than wait for the weekend. Don't NOAA says it's supposed to be ideal for us power boaters -- winds less than 10 out of the North West (good when you are near the top of Lake Huron) and waves 2 feet or less. Let's hope they are right.
I'll be buddy boating with Chuck and Joann Mead -- they are on a Tartan 43 named Moku Hale -- and we will join up in Thesalon Ontario. Since they're in a hurry to get to the GLCC rendevous down in the Georgian Bay, I'll only stay with them for a couple of days -- and then linger at some of my favorite places in the North Channel. Since I travel faster, we will be in radio and radar contact, and probably visually for some of the trip. The important part of buddy boating in addition to having friends to see in the evenings is to have someone on the water know where you are and where you are planning on heading.
Pictures when available -- and I have access to wi-fi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on crossing into Canada! Miss you.
Post a Comment