Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Pictures/Impressions of Gore Bay



As I left Blind River, this sailboat was heading the same direction as I -- they had a great sail over to Gore Bay!



And I had a great motor. Although later in the day the seas apparently built to almost four feet, while I was out there it wasn't bad at all. This is looking east toward Little Current.
I'm still startled at how big this is up here. Although I could always see land, it was often just a bump on the horizon.





At the Gore Bay Marina, they have pulled out all the stops to become a "destination" -- and with justification. Not only are the facilities really nice, but the surroundings are spectacular. Note the blue sky!!!


And then there are the really "big" boats that come calling. This one from Kingston Jamaca (sp?) -- and just now clearing Canadian Customs (probably after being in US waters, since BD and I saw her at anchor near Drummond Island, MI.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hooray for blue skies!