A little bird reminded me that I haven't been keeping up with the blog, so here 'tis.
Am home -- have been for almost two weeks -- and am bumbling around Alexandria in a "soft brace" meant for sports injuries (I guess clambering on rocks is a sport). Can even drive the car, and walk the dog!
The real test will be the Annapolis Sailboat Show next weekend, when I plan to join the throngs who poke and prod at all the latest in boating and sailing at prices that just can't be matched.
I should be declared totally fit by the end of the month -- maybe even a little before. Then I have to start to bone up on the Canadian Boaters' License test which I will have to pass before I can take the boat out next summer (and yes, I will be returning to the fateful Beausoleil Island among other venues as I try to milk as much out of the Georgian Bay and North Channel as is possible).
In the interim, they've started work on the enclosure for the back of Sonador and are working to refinish the teak doors. She's been winterized and I suppose the shrink wrap will go on in the next week or so -- won't be quite the plush arrangement of last year, but almost every boat in Midland get's stored outside and there are some very expensive, very large boats at the marina so I'm not worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment