Sunday, May 17, 2009

All right, who forgot to order up the spring time!!!

Spent the first night on Sonador last night -- the temperature outside dipped to 30 -- and, although it had to be a little warmer inside, the ice I dumped in the sink around 8:30 was still there this morning at 6:30.

I know that I was warned it could be cold -- but even the natives are complaining about the chill. To top it all off, yesterday it was gusting around 25 knots (large white caps on Lake Charlevoix) -- today is a little quieter, but still blowing. It's currently a balmy 50 degrees in the sun, and protected from any wind!

I've almost everything stowed away -- maybe one more general trip with the dock cart, and then Chessie's ramp and my bicycle (folding) come aboard -- and we're ready!

I've already tuned down the "gotta rush, gotta go" button -- and am settling into this quite nicely thank you.

Pictures of Sonador, Chessie, and the surrounds tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dan N Jaye said...

It's supposed to be down to the 30s tonight here, too!

Just think, you could be sitting in a nice, heated ... office? ... right now!

Cathy said...

uh oh! i think you must have driven North and not South! where is that gps :-)